Thuy Trong Do, MD. MSc
Physician, Hanoi Medical University Hospital, National Cancer Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice
Dr. Do began the International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program in 2008 and graduated in 2011. He is a staff physician at the National Cancer Hospital in Hanoi, and a member of the Palliative Care Support Team of the Ministry of Health. Dr. Do is part of a team that is establishing a new Palliative Care Unit with 15 beds, a volunteer program, and a homecare program. The unit is scheduled to open in 2012. A new Palliative Care Consultant service at Campus 1 of National Cancer Hospital will also open in 2012. Dr. Do instructs medical students and fellows in Pain and Palliative Medicine at Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Oncology Department. He also teaches Palliative Care throughout the country. Dr. Do is particularly interested in caring for patients at the end stage of life and those who are not able to afford medical care.
- Lecturer, Oncology Department, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Member, Palliative Care support team, Ministry of Health.
Education / Honors
- International Palliative Medicine Fellowship, San Diego Hospice and the Institute for Palliative Medicine, San Diego, United States, 2008-2011
- Ministry of Health Palliative Care Training Scholarship, 2008
- Post-Doctoral training, Residency in Surgical Oncology, National Cancer Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2003-2006
- Medical Degree, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi City, Vietnam, 2002
- Nguyen Cuong, Do Trong Thuy (2011) “A review of treating dyspnea in advanced cancer patients by using low dose of morphine in Medical Hospital University Hospital”. GRADUATION THESIS (M.D.)
- Do Trong Thuy, Hoang Minh Thang (2010) “Review clinical characteristics of advanced rectum cancer at the National Cancer Hospital, Vietnam” GRADUATION THESIS (M.D.)
- Ho Giang Nam, Do Trong Thuy (2010) “Review clinical characteristics of advanced breast cancer at the National Cancer Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam”. GRADUATION THESIS (M.D.)
- Do Trong Thuy et al. (2008) “Assessment of Pain After Cancer Surgery in Vietnam National Cancer Hospital” Hanoi Medical University Symposium on Palliative Care, 2009.
- Do Trong Thuy, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Lan (2002) “Bone lesions in multiple myeloma patients” The Medicine Journal, Ministry of Health, Vol 11.
- Do Trong Thuy, Nguyen Thi Thanh Huyen, Giap Thi Minh Nguyet, Trinh Van Bao, Tran Thi Thanh Huong (2002), “Screening maternal serum for α-feto protein, human chorionic gonadotropin and conjugated estriol to identify fetuses with aneuploidy and neural tube defects”, Journal of Medical Research, Volume 20.N04. November, 2002, p1-7.
- Nausea/Vomiting Assessment and Treatment
- Pharmacotherapy for Pain
- Palliative Care Assessment
- Palliative Care Assessment and Approach to the Patient: Principles of Pain Relief, Skin problems, Constipation / Diarrhea
- Definitions & Principles of Palliative Care, Principles of Pain Relief, Case study
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on: