- # 019 Taking A Spiritual History, 2nd ed
Taking a spiritual history is one way to support the patient in this exploration.
- # 021 Hope and Truth Telling, 2nd ed
The difficult balance between maintaining hope and truth telling, especially as it applies to giving bad news.
- # 026 The Explanatory Model, 2nd ed
Have you ever had this experience – you are talking with a patient about some care option and you just cannot come to an agreement?
- # 029 Responding to Patient Emotion, 2nd ed
Here are eight tasks that guide you in responding to patient emotion:
- # 031 Confronting Personal Mortality, 2nd ed
Confronting our own mortality
- # 052 Quality of Life
But what does 'quality of life' (QOL) mean, and how should clinicians use this information in decision making?
- # 118 Near Death Awareness
Near death awareness (NDA) is a term to describe a dying person's experiences of the dying process.
- # 120 Physicians and Prayer Requests
The following options attempt to respect the integrity of the physician's spiritual/religious beliefs and be supportive of the patient's emotional needs.
- # 131 The Physician as Family Member
Caring for a dying patient who has a physician-family member provides challenges and opportunities.
- # 156 Evaluating Requests for Hastened Death
Guidance on how to evaluate and initially respond to a patient who raises the topic of a hastened death.
- # 172 Professional Patient Boundaries in Palliative Care
Issues in health professional-patient boundaries in palliative care.
- # 203 Managing One's Emotions as a Clinician
Clinicians' emotional responses to patient care.
- # 204 African Americans and End-of Life Care
Differences in end-of-life care and values between African Americans and the population as a whole.
Help us to expand the resources on this site quickly.
Please send your suggestions to
Technical Issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Modified: Mon Sep 5 2011