End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC)
The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) is an education initiative to improve palliative care. Since 2001, ELNEC has trained over 12,400 nurses and other healthcare professionals from all 50 US states, including over 2,500 from 69 countries on 6 continents.
In addition to providing ELNEC courses, ELNEC faculty and trainers have consulted with educators, health administrators, and community leaders to improve care of the dying.
There are currently 6 ELNEC curricula available in English:
- ELNEC-Pediatric Palliative Care (also available for download from Cure4Kids)
- ELNEC-Critical Care
- ELNEC for Veterans
ELNEC-Core, Pediatric Palliative Care, Geriatric, and Veterans modules are available for online learning through the Hospice Education Network
ELNEC has been adapted and translated to increase its relevance within other cultures:
- English ELNEC International is available to any ELNEC trainer who requests to hold an ELNEC-International course. For more information and/or to request an order form to purchase this CD, contact Pam Malloy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Available for Download
- Russian ELNEC International, available for download
- Spanish ELNEC International, available for download
NOTE: ELNEC has also been translated in the following languages. As of April, 2011, the courses in these languages are just being developed, tested, and refined. If you have an interest in obtaining ELNEC in one of these languages, please contact Pam Malloy at email@example.com
- German ELNEC International
- Japanese ELNEC International
- Korean ELNEC International (Core and Geriatric)
ELNEC was initially funded by a grant from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF).
Additional funding has been provided by:
- Open Society Foundations
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Aetna Foundation
- Archstone Foundation
- Oncology Nursing Society Foundation
- California HealthCare Foundation
- Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
Read more about ELNEC at www.aacn.nche.edu/ELNEC
ELNEC ATTRIBUTION STATEMENT
When using ELNEC curriculum materials in any form, clear attribution to the program is expected. The following statement is to be displayed prominently in instructional materials: The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) Project is a national end-of-life educational program administered by City of Hope National Medical Center (COH) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) designed to enhance palliative care in nursing. The ELNEC Project was originally funded by a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation with additional support from funding organizations (the National Cancer Institute, Aetna Foundation, Archstone Foundation, California HealthCare Foundation and the Department of Veterans Affairs). Materials are copyrighted by COH and AACN and are used with permission. Further information about the ELNEC Project can be found at www.aacn.nche.edu/ELNEC.
Help us to expand the resources on this site quickly.
Please send your suggestions to
Technical Issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Modified: Fri Jul 29 2011