- Blogs, Newsletters
- Books, Textbooks
- Reviews, Abstracts and Articles
- Instructions for Authors
- Editorial: von Gunten:
The vast majority of scientific journals have an impact factor of less than 1. PMID: 20050788.
- Cochrane Collaborative
Systematic reviews of healthcare interventions
- Good Endings Publications
Booklets and other resources for end of life care.
- HINARI: Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative
A United Nations initiative that provides free or very low cost online access to the major journals in biomedical and related social sciences to local, not-for-profit institutions in developing countries.
- Eligibility, a list of HINARI Countries
- Training materials
- AAHPM: Free Membership for Physicians in HINARI Countries
Physicians in HINARI countries may join The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine as International Corresponding Members free-of-charge.
- Shaare Zedek Cancer Pain and Palliative Medicine Reference Database
A searchable database of the palliative care literature.
- Cancer Pain Release, the WHO publication on pain control and palliative care
- CPCE: The Center for Palliative Care Education
An extensive list of web links to palliative care resources
The Internet's leading portal for information about end-of-life care. Resources for death and dying, hospice and palliative care, grief, and related topics.
- Help the Hospices: Palliative Care Toolkit
Excellent Handbook for Palliative Care and Hospice Services, with an International focus. Developed by Help the Hospices.org. Will serve nurses, physicians, and other caregivers, including patients and families. Goes through ‘developing a program’ to ‘delivering services’ and evaluating outcomes. Highly recommended.
- ONS: The Oncology Nursing Society
Links to cancer and cancer nursing organizations
- Open Access
Resources related to the open access movement concerning research and technology
Extensive list of links to specific palliative care resources organized in topics, as well as links to locally developed guidelines
Exchange information and search for advice on issues in palliative care through the Bulletin board
Links to resources for prognostication in end-of-life
- SDH: San Diego Hospice Resources
Helpful links to local and national resources for health care and palliative care
Help us to expand the resources on this site quickly.
Please send your suggestions to
Technical Issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Modified: Fri Jul 29 2011