National organizations appear first followed by provincial organizations alphabetically by province.
- CHPCA: Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
The national organization for hospice and palliative care professionals in Canada.
- Regional Palliative Care Program in Edmonton Alberta
A community based model of palliative care services in Canada.
National organizations appear first followed by state organizations alphabetically by state.
- AACN: American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Advanced learning practices for nurses with a section for palliative care
- AAHPM: American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
The professional organization for physicians specializing in hospice and palliative medicine in the USA.
- ACS: American Cancer Society
A community-based organization striving to address the impact of cancer worldwide
- ADEC: Association for Death Education and Counseling
A professional organization dedicated to promoting excellence and recognizing diversity in death education, care of the dying, grief counseling and research in thanatology.
- ASCO: American Society of Clinical Oncology
The professional organization in the US for medical and other oncologists
- ASTRO: American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
The professional organization in the US for radiation oncologists
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Health information with national and global perspective
- CMS: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
The US Federal Agency funding healthcare services. Find information about the Medicare and Medicaid hospice benefits, and other insured services
- HPNA: Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association
The professional organization for nurses working in hospice and palliative care in the US
- Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice
An internationally recognized center for research and education in palliative care.
- The Joint Commission
Website which delineates standards, accreditation and certification programs for organizations/agencies to promote patient safety
- National Palliative Care Registry
Members of this registry will be able to generate customized reports to benchmark their palliative care programs against others.
- NBCHPN: National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses
Certification and specialty examinations for all levels of nursing.
- NCI: National Cancer Institute
The Institute of the US National Institutes of Healthdedicated to cancer research and education
- NHPCO: National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
The organization representing hospice and palliative care programs in the US
- NIH: The National Institutes of Health
a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research.
- ONS: Oncology Nursing Society
The professional organization for oncology nurses in the US
- San Diego Hospice
Harboring the most comprehensive hospice program in theworld.
- San Diego Hospice and the Institute for Palliative Medicine
A comprehensive Academic Hospice dedicated to the prevention and relief of suffering, and promotion of quality of life at every stage of life through patient and family care, education, research and advocacy.
Help us to expand the resources on this site quickly.
Please send your suggestions to
Technical Issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Modified: Fri Jul 29 2011