Edwina Beryl Addo, MB ChB, MWACP, MGCP (Fam Med)
Director of Clinical Services, Office of the President, Castle Clinic, the Castle, Castle Drive, Osu-Accra, Ghana
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, OhioHealth
Edwina Beryl V N D Addo is a Specialist Family Physician and serves as the Director of Clinical Services at The Office of the President, the Castle Clinic, in Osu, Accra, Ghana, the facility that provides primary care to the staff at the seat of government as well as the surrounding community of Osu. Until her current appointment, she was Chief Resident of the Family Medicine program at the Korle-Bu Polyclinic, Accra, Ghana. She believes strongly in the importance of integrating patients’ beliefs, spirituality and culture into their medical care. Her goal is to become a trainer of Palliative Care providers in order to help incorporate Palliative Care into the Ghanaian healthcare system.
- Member, Examination Organization Committee, Faculty of Family Medicine, Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Resident Representative, Family Medicine Faculty Board, Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Passed the Membership examinations of the Faculties of Family Medicine of both the West African College of Physicians and the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons in 2008, earning a Specialist grade.
Education / Honors
- Member, Faculty of Family Medicine, West African College of Physicians, 2008
- Member, Faculty of Family Medicine, Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2008
- Post-graduate training, Family Medicine, Korle-Bu Polyclinic, Accra, Ghana, 2005-2008
- Internship, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, and Pediatrics, Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana, 2004-2005
- Medical Degree, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana, 2004
- Whole Patient Assessment in Palliative Care, Pre-Conference Workshop, Ghana College of Physicians, 2011
- Spirituality in Health and Disease, West African College of Physicians General Meeting, Kumasi, Ghana, 2010
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on: