Egide Mpanumusingo, MD
Medical Doctor, NCD/Onco Medical Coordinator, Butaro Hospital, Burera, Rwanda
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, OhioHealth
Dr. Egide Mpanumusingo is Coordinator of the Oncology Department and works in the NCD clinic of Butaro Hospital in Burera, Rwanda. He treats those patients with chronic conditions, which are sometimes incurable. He works with them not only as his clients, but also as his best friends, caring for them and demonstrating empathy. Dr. Mpanumusingo is eager to expand the provision of palliative care in his setting.
- Head of Internal Medicine, Butaro Hospital
- Mentor to nurses in health centers
- Since March 2012, the implementation of a Palliative Care unit at Butaro Hospital, and implementation of continuous education and supervision of palliative care health care providers.
Education / Honors:
- Medical Degree, Universite de Ngozi, Burundi, 2000-2007
- Training, Palliative Care and Pain Management, Palliative Care Association of Rwanda with support of DFID and Help the Hospices, February 2012
- Other trainings including cancer care, HIV/AIDS management, and Tuberculosis
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on: