Giorgi Metivishvili, MD
Physician, Palliative Care Unit, Cancer Prevention Center, Tbilisi, Georgia
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, OhioHealth
Dr. Metivishvili is a physician, providing palliative care in the Palliative Care unit of the National Cancer Center. Prior to this post, he worked as a surgeon oncologist at the National Cancer Center. He teaches palliative care issues at Tbilisi State Medical University. Dr. Metivishvili is a member of the European Society for Medical Oncology.
Education / Honors:
- ESMO Palliative Care Fellowship, Rambam Medical Center, Department of Oncology, Haifa, Israel, 2011
Family Medicine Residency, Tbilisi Family Medicine Clinical and Training Center, 2011
- Open Society Foundation Seminar in Palliative Care for Cancer Patients, Salzburg Open Medical Institute, September 26-October 2, 2010
- Oncology Residency, Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU), 2004-2008
- Doctor of Medicine, Faculty of General Medicine, Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU), 1996-2002
- G. Abesadze, I. Abesadze, M. Savdia, R. Gvamichava, G. Metivishvili, N. Shavdia. (September 20-24, 2009). Cancer patients and distribution of information regarding the diagnoses. ECCO ESMO Multidisciplinary Congress, Berlin.
- R. Gvamichava, I. Abesadze, M. Savdia, G. Metivishvili. (2007). The First Experience of Palliative Care for Cancer Patients in Georgia. European Journal of Palliative Care, p 112.
- R. Gvamichava, I. Abesadze, M. Savdia, G. Metivishvili, T. Aroshidze. (September 28 – October 1, 2006). Our Experience of Special Palliative Care of Onco-Incurable Patients. IV Meeting of Oncologists and Radiologists of IRU, Baku.
- M. Shavdia, R. Gvamichava, I. Abesadze , T. Aroshidze, G. Metivishvili, G. Khachaxidze, N. Shavdia. (2006). Symptom Prevalence in Patients with Advanced Cancer. Experimental and Clinical Medicine, 27, 60-64.
- I. Abesadze , M. Shavdia T. Aroshidze, G. Metivishvili, (June 2-4, 2005). Gastrointestinal tract symptom control by palliative care of cancer patients. VIII International Eurasian Congress of Surgeons and Gastroenterologists, Tbilisi.
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on: