Mariarita Pepe Milizia, MD
Physician, Emergency Department, Ceglie Messapica
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, OhioHealth
Dr. Mariarita Pepe Milizia completed her medical study in 2002 at Rome’s “La Sapienza” University. She received a Master’s Degree in Radiation Therapy in 2006.
Dr. Milizia worked as a Radiation Therapist in Naples from 2006 to 2007. She then went on to be a medical doctor at the National Cancer Association Foundation (ANT), a non-profit organization dedicated to providing free palliative care for cancer patients in their homes. Dr. Milizia works in the Emergency Department at Ceglie Messapica (Br) in southern Italy. She is very interested in expanding her expertise for the improvement of palliative care in her country.
Education / Honors
- Suitable Working Certificate in Emergency, 2011
- Completion of training course for directors and managers of palliative care centers, Floriani Foundation, Labos Foundation, Foundation for the South, Palermo, Italy, 2009
- Completion of training course in assistance at home, Foundation ANT Italia-Onlus, Delegazione di Taranto, Italy, 2008
- Master’s Degree, Radiation Therapy, La Sapienza University Medical School, Rome, Italy, 2006
- Medical Degree, La Sapienza University Medical School, Rome, Italy, 2002
- Hematology training, University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy, 2000-2002
- The Role of Adjuvant Radiotherapy for Thymoma. Pepe Milizia M., Lisi R., Rollo A., Pagliaro E., Raffetto N., Banelli E Tumori XVI Congresso AIRO, Volume 5, No. 3, page S145, 2006.
- Acute Side Effects in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer Patients Treated with Short Course Radiotheraphy and a New Technique of TEM Surgery. Ciriello F., Santuari L., Bressi C., Pepe Milizia M., Papaleo A., Caiazzo R., Vitturini A., Raffetto N., Banelli E. Tumori, XVI Congresso AIRO; Volume 5, No. 3, page S114, 2006.
- Neo-Adyuvant Hormonal Therapy and Exclusive Conformal Radiotherapy in the Management of T1-T3 Prostate Cancer.
- Soldà D., Caiazzo R., Lisi R., Pepe Milizia M., Vitturini A., Banelli E. Tumori, XV Congresso AIRO, Volume 4, No. 5, page S145, 2005.
- Anemia and Fatigue-Related in Cancer Patients Treated with Radiotheraphy and/or Radiochemotherapy. De Sanctis V., Papaleo A., Musio D., Pepe Milizia M., Santuari L., Banelli E., Vitturini A., Maurizi Enrici R. Tumori, XIV Congresso Airo, page S74, 2004.
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on: