Nicolas Dawidowicz, MD
Head, Palliative Care Unit, Vicente Lopez Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dr. Nicolas Dawidowicz is focused on developing a Palliative Care network in the Buenos Aires region. He would like to see the integration of Primary Care and expansion of Palliative Care assistance.
Download and Read Nicolas’ Personal Story (200 KB)
- Honorary Professor, Internal Medicine and Palliative Care, Buenos Aires University, School of Medicine
- Professor Post Graduate Course in Palliative Medicine, Programa Argentino de Cuidados Paliativos-Fundacion Femeba
- Coordinator and clinical professor Palliative Care course in Medicine School, Universidad de Buenos Aires. Vicente Lopez University Hospital.
- Coordinator and clinical professor Pain Course for Primary Care Physicians of Tigre´s County Health Department. Buenos Aires. Argentina. August 2013.
- Clinical Professor “Palliative Care Course” Post Graduate Oncology Course. Universidad Catolica Argentina Medicine School. Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Member, Integrate the Ethics Committee, Vicente Lopez Hospital. Buenos Aires
- Developed the Palliative Care Unit at the Vicente Lopez County Hospital, 2004-present
- Recognized Center of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care by the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), 2009-present
- Integrated the Former Board of Directors of the AAMYCP (Asociacion Argentina de Medicina y Cuidados Paliativos)
Education / Honors
- Graduate, International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative, The Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, San Diego, CA, and OhioHealth, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 2012-2014
- Certified Practitioner of MBTI Step I and step II Instruments (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) from CAPT. Center for Application of Psychological Type. September 2013.
- Management course for Heads of Health Services. Fundación ISALUD. May – Oct. 2012
- Consejo de Certificación de Profesional Médicos – Academia Nacional de Medicina. Asociación Argentina de Medicina y Cuidados Paliativos, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 2005
- 2005 Certification in Palliative Medicine, National Academy of Medicine, 2005
- Internal Medicine Postgraduate Course. Medicine School. Buenos Aires University 2000-2004
- Post-graduate training, Palliative Care, Programa Argentino de Cuidados Paliativos. Universidad de Buenos Aires 2003
- Medicine School, Honour Degree, Buenos Aires University, Argentina 2000
- International Palliative Care Workshop-ASCO in Buenos Aires City, June 2014, Faculty
- International Palliative Care Workshop- ASCO in Honduras, Tegucigalpa City June 2014. Faculty
- INCAN (Instituto Nacional de Cancerología-Mexico) and ASCO “Principios en la práctica de Cuidados Paliativos” Mexico City, November 2013. 10 presentations. 1- Pain Pathophysiology & Assessment (1.5 hours 100 participants), 2- Presentation Skills (Dr. Frank Ferris & Dr. Dawidowicz, 1.5 hours 100 participants). 3-10: “Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Bowel Obstruction”, “Presentation Skills Workshop”, “Analgesic Dose Titration”, “Management of Abdominal, Bone and Neuropathic Pain”, “Dyspnea”, “Facilitation Skills”, “Delirium”, (1.5 hours each, 25 participants).
- Kolb Learning Styles. Lecture. Latin-American Palliative Care Education meeting. November 2012, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Organized by PAMyCP-FF, IAHPC, ALCP and Universidad Austral.
- Facilitator. Group workshops during Latin-American Palliative Care Education meeting. November 2012, 120 participants. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Mentor for fellows of the Palliative Care Palliative Care Grants Program for doctors and nurses of the Argentinean National Cancer Institute. Since 2012.
- Programa Argentino de Cuidados Paliaivos: http://paliativo-femeba.org/instituciones/cp-hospital-houssay
- Hospital Municipal de Vicente Lopez: http://www.mvl.gov.ar/sec_salud/hospital_houssay.php
About the International Palliative Care Leadership Initiative (LDI) at the Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice (100 KB)
Read About Other International Leaders
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on:
Donate to the IPM International Programs
Donate to the IPM International Programs