Patrick I Akhiwu, MD, MFMed, MPH
Director, Delta Medical Centre Maun, Botswana
Dr. Patrick Akhiwu is a director at Delta Medical Center and Pakmed Group of clinics in Botswana. These facilities provide comprehensive health services through outlets in different parts of Northern Botswana. Palliative medicine is still developing in Botswana. Increasing palliative care awareness and education all over Botswana is one of his current goals. Dr. Akhiwu is involved in lecturing and conducting workshops and conferences in Botswana to expand Palliative Care knowledge, especially among health organizations and personnel.
- Director, Pakmed Group of Clinics, Botswana
Education / Honors:
- Leader, International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative, San Diego, CA, USA, 2010-2011
- Master Degree in Public Health (MPH), Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA.
- Master Degree in Family Medicine (MFMed), University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Postgraduate Diploma in HIV Management, University of Stellenbosch.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Family Medicine, University of Pretoria.
- MB; ChB, University of Jos.
- Principles of Palliative Care, Francistown, 2011
- Communication in Palliative Care, Francistown, 2011
- Managing Pain in Cancer patients, Francistown, 2011
- Palliative Care Professionals Self Care, Francistown, 2011
- Control of Common Symptoms in the Terminally ill, Gaborone, 2011
- Managing Palliative Care Emergencies, Gaborone, 2011
- Burnout in Palliative Care workers, Gaborone, 2011
- Basic Principles of Palliative Care, Gaborone, 2011
- Delta Medical Centre, Maun, Botswana: http://www.deltamedicalcentre.org/
About the International Palliative Care Leadership Initiative (LDI) at the Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice (100 KB)
Read About Other International Leaders
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on: