Ondrej Slama, MD, PhD
Clinic of Supportive and Palliative Oncology, Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute
Brno, Czech Republic
Dr. Ondrej Slama is the Chief Consultant in Palliative Medicine and Head of Supportive and Palliative Oncology in the Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute (MMCI). MMCI is the largest comprehensive cancer center in Czech Republic. He is also engaged in organizing and teaching palliative care for medical professionals on different levels.
- Clinical Professor of Palliative Medicine, Masaryk University Medical School, Brno, Czech Republic
Scientific Secretary of Czech Society for Palliative Medicine
- Starting the first undergraduate course of Palliative Medicine in Brno Medical School, 2012
Secured funding for the first Clinic of Palliative and Supportive Oncology in a Cancer Center,Czech Republic, 2011
- Team Member to elaborate the curriculum of Palliative Medicine and succeeded the recognition of Palliative Medicine as distinct medical sub-specialty in Czech Republic, 2011
- Co-founder, Czech Society for Palliative Medicine, 2010
Education / Honors
- Leader, International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative, The Institute for Palliative
- Medicine at San Diego Hospice, San Diego, CA, USA, 2010-2011
- Doctoral study in Public Health and Social Medicine, Ph.D., 2009
- Specialist license in Palliative and Pain Management, 2005
- Medical Degree, Masaryk University Medical School, Brno, Czech Republic, 2004
- Palliative Care Education and Practice Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 2003
- Specialist license, Clinical Oncology, 2001
- Medical Oncology Fellowship, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium, 1998-1999
- Sláma, O., Kabelka, L., Vorlíček, J. Paliativní medicína pro praxi. Praha: Galén, 2007. 361 p. (the referential textbook of palliative medicine in Czech language)
- Skála B., Sláma, O., Vorlíček, J., Miskoniová, B. Doporučené postupy paliativní péče o pacienty v pokročilém a konečném stádiu onemocnění, Společnost všeobecného lékařství ČLS JEP, Praha 2006, 76p. (Guidelines of palliative care for general practitioners).
- Sláma, O., Kabelka, L., Lejcko, J., Kozák, j., Finke, O., Duba, J. Prevalence, Characteristics and Management of Cancer Related Breakthrough Pain in Czech Republic (Results of PARMA project), 12th Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care, Lisbon 2011. Abstract in Supplement of European Journal of Palliative Care, May 2011, Abstract. P396.
- Svetlakova, L., Slama, O., Svetlak, M, Kabelka, L., Slamova, R., Vyzula, R. Hospice vs.Hospital. Is there a difference in the pharmacotherapy of dying cancer patients. 12th Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care, Lisbon 2011. Abstract in Supplement of European Journal of Palliative Care, May 2011, Abstract P185.
- Kabelka, L., Slama, O. Current situation of the palliative care development in Czech Republic. 12th Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care, Lisbon 2011. Abstract in Supplement of European Journal of Palliative Care, May 2011, Abstract P366
- Sláma, O., Bartlova, M., Svetlak, M., Vyzula, R. How patients receiving palliative antineoplastic treatment understand goal of their therapy. Abstract No 480. 5th Research Forum of EAPC, Trondheim, Norway, 29.-31.5.2008. Abstract published in Palliative Medicine 2008, 4; p.548-549.
- Sláma, O., Beránek, M., Haklová, O., Vorlíček, J. Survey of cancer pain issues among czech oncologist. Poster No 836. 4th Congress of EFIC, Prague, Czech Republic, 12-15.9. 2003
About the International Palliative Care Leadership Initiative (LDI) at the Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice (100 KB)
Read About Other International Leaders
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to "TreatThePain" to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on: